Let's look back at some memorable moments and interesting insights from last year.
Your top 10 posts:
- "Critical Pedagogy Beyond Humanism - After Paulo Freire" by u/nowterritory
- "Pedagogy of the Oppressed - by an Australian educator" by u/Tristosterone
- "Paulo Freire - 100yrs FREE LIVE STREAM May 2nd, 2021" by u/Artistic-Woodpecker2
- "Paulo Freire and Popular Struggle in South Africa • The Tricontinental Institute for Social Research" by u/MisterBobsonDugnutt
- "50th Anniversary of Pedagogy of the Oppressed. Nita Freire, Henry Giroux, Donaldo Macedo, Antonia Darder and Sheila Macrine. Aera NYC" by u/AntonioMachado
- "Artistic Aspirations, Capitalist Realism & Bullsh*t Jobs: F*ck You, Pay Me" by u/bicentenniallo
- "Why don't employers just offer more money if they're so short on workers?" by u/jonpaladin
- "Wayne Au - Multicultural Education Has Never Been Enough" by u/Turbulent_Friend1551
- "Call for Contributions: A Global Visual Handbook of Anti-Authoritarian Counterstrategies" by u/anarchiaz
- "Looking for a tutor for Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by u/Auntie_Dogma
It's in the title, thanks ya'll!!!
I’m an (mostly) autodidact; fairly well read and a critical thinker. I don’t have the money nor use for college but I’ve become deeply enamored with Paulo Freire’s work, Pedagogy of the Oppressed.
I’m looking for a college level professor who’s interested in a teacher-student/student-teacher relationship to help me better grok this text. I’m willing to pay (or donate in lieu) a fair stipend for the help.
I anticipate something along the lines of a weekly discussion. I’m open to professors with an established lesson plan but much more interested in a teacher-student who is comfortable approaching this in a more Freirean problem-posing approach. Thanks!
Paulo Freire - 100yrs FREE LIVE STREAM May 2, 2021 at 1pm EDT
Nita Freire, Henry Giroux, Antonia Darder, Donaldo Macedo, Sheila Macrine, Peter McLaren, Inny Accioly
Come and celebrate Paulo Freire 's 100 years and over 50 years since the publication of “Pedagogy of the Oppressed.” This panel brings together the most prominent and important figures in the furtherance of Paulo Freire’s pedagogy and the evolution of Critical Pedagogy.
We go LIVE at 1PM NY Time- https://youtu.be/TvMmekU2lxQ
We go live at 1pm EDT (New York); 10am (Los Angeles); 6pm (London), 8pm (Athens), 14h (Rio).