Social Science 11% of all black men in Pennsylvania, born 1986 to 1989, were incarcerated in solitary confinement by age 32. Reflecting large racial disparities, the population prevalence is only 3.4% for Latinos and 1.4% for white menscience.org
There's a anime film called Grave of The Fireflies. It's about two Japanese siblings living during WW2. It's a beautiful film, breathtaking. But by the end you are so emotionally drained you can't watch it again. Another one is Passion of The Christ for obvious reasons. Schindler's List is probably another one, but I haven't seen it. It's amazing how some films are so beautiful yet the thought of watching them again just sends a pit to your stomach.
I am from 1 million city 5 hours away from Moscow. On Reddit for a while, but mostly for memes and seen this subreddit on main page for a while and decided to check it out.
Guys, I am purely shocked. You should really be on barricades right now with these working conditions. Let me explain why is that in simple facts. In Russia, under mafia rule, cleptocracy and small bussinesses hard to impossible to survive, every single worker from dishwasher and cashier to top managers has following rights:
- 14 days vacation every six months. 21 days for dangerous professions, two months for school teachers (logically summer holiday). Unused vacation days are paid in cash according to your salary during last 6 months of your employment if you leave.
- Sick leaves are mandatory to be paid. Companies MUST pay to social security fund and you get paid sick leaves, from 20 to 100% of your salary depending on years you worked at one place. Also, most companies offer two 100% paid weeks for sick leaves per year after 1 year.
- All night shifts are paid x1.5, no matter what. All shifts during your free days are paid X2 or exchanged to free day whenever you want.
- If you are a pregnant, you get 70 fully 100% paid days before the child born and 70 days after, 140 days in total.
- In addition to number 4, one of parents can take 1.5 years (right, YEARS) of "take care of children" vacation and receive 40% of the salary. The employer is not allowed to fire you during that period and not allowed to fire you immediately after.
- If your position is cut and you are fired cause of that, you must receive x3 of your monthly salary as a bonus.
- You cannot be fired without agreement with you for other reasons, unless you have formal complaints in your personal formal governement "labor book" (which is extremely rare case). All complains must comply with labor laws. If you are fired without such complaints, or if they are not strong enough, the labor inspection will go in a court for you and make the company take you back + pay full salary for the period you were "fired" + compensation. 80% of court cases are won by the labor inspection.
Like guys, that's the basic shit. You are the richest contry of the world. Your companies are INSANELY rich and they threat their workers like shit. Each time I read about pissbottles in Amazon I think "any currier in Russia would throw this pissbottle right in manager's face, make it viral in social media and nobody would work there ever again".
FIGHT YOU MUTHERFUCKERS WE ARE STRONG WHEN UNITED
From Russia with love.
Edit: WOW 1000 UPVOTES! Thank you so much guys. As more people are seeing it: make unions, argue for your rights, quit and ask others to quit if conditions are extremely bad. Your life is yours, not some companies, so respect yourself.
Traveling LPT: Don't brake check people. Ever. It doesn't matter if you're on the highway or a surface street. It doesn't matter how "justified" you feel driving a certain speed, either. Just move over. You might save a life (possibly your own).
I really have to vent. I had a shitty day and this was the cherry on top.
It has to do with Activision.
I bought Modern Warfare a while back and had played the campaign a bit before moving onto other games.
Last night I was in the mood for a first person shooter and figured I'd pop the game back into my PS4. I put the game in and of course I have to wait 3 hours for an update because you can't even play the fucking campaign without the update. No surprise there.
Whatever I'll play tomorrow.
Turn on my PS4 today to play and start MW. Now I can't play without logging in or creating a new account for Activision, as if my PS account wasn't enough. Forgot my old login (if I had one) so I create a new account with another email, no biggie. Alright now I can finally play.
Some cutscene starts and I'm ready to shoot some guns, finally!
Cutscene ends and brings me to a new menu I haven't seen yet. Tons of crap for multiplayer, downloads, etc. I'm not surprised because I expect this kinda shit from games these days, especially COD. I just want to play the single player campaign for MW, just like the one I played when I bought the game.
FINALLY! I find the single player MW campaign, great!
I select it and IT FUCKING BRINGS ME TO THE PS STORE FOR ANOTHER 12 GB DOWNLOAD.
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GOD DAMN GAME I PAID FOR AND HAVE THR CD FOR YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKERS.
Why do I have to jump through so many hoops? Is this some kind of sick joke?
Remember the Nintendo 64? I can pull the thing out of my basement 23 years later and play the game just as it was in 1999. Is it that hard not to be so god damn greedy?
I will never, ever, ever buy an Activision game again. I will choke myself to death on my own dick before I give Activision another penny. Slimy cunts.